CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 22, 2010

How I would use an Apple iPad

So, recently I happened across a new company called PRINT 24 on Facebook.  I noticed they were giving away an Apple iPad and thought it would come in handy so decided to enter the contest.  Here is what you have to do.... Write an article and post it to your blog about how you would use the iPad and then link it back to here.  Simple!

As a single mom who works a full time job and a full time student, I have a pretty busy schedule.  My youngest son is involved in Boy Scouts and they do weekly meetings, community projects, work days and various activities; along with monthly campouts every month of the year regardless of the weather conditions.  Since we live in Texas that seems to be a big order here lately, never know minute to minute what that is going to be here lately.  Just this weekend, I went hicking on one day with tempretures in the 70's and sunny and that evening as we got off the mountain it turned to rain and by night fall it was sleeting and we work to 2 inches of snow.  My boyfriend works the Oil and Gas Refinery business as a Safty Man and sometimes a piper; therefore he travels about 80-90% of the year.  We get his daughter every other weekend and various holidays and are constantly running and planning activities when they are home.  So my life is constantly going in a hundred different directions.  Then when you throw in my school schedule and My hobbies of photography and volunteering with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation you can only imagine what kind of calendar I keep.  I have one for each project.  Plus, my calendar at work on my computer and two on my computer at home.

Recently my son transferred scout troops and I was elected to be in charge of scheduling the campouts for the troop.  So I have to keep up with where they have been, where they are going, deposits, who is going where and who has what.  With Ronnie, I have to keep up with his travel dates for work, mileage and all his what nots that he throws my way.  Dustin has all his merit badges that I keep up with and what date he is doing what training and where he needs to be for volunteer work.  I have homework assignements, test, projects for school and recently I started doing photography and genealogy research for a side business and I need a personal assistant. 

If I was to win the iPad I could keep everyone's schedule at my finger tips and wold be able to stay on task without having a hundred different calendars for each and every job I do.  Don't get me wrong, I can find anything they need at the drop of a hat, but only when I get to where my calendars are.  This way if they call me, I would have it right there and be able to answer any question they had regarding their schedule.  The best part is if I had the iPad, I could give them the paper version of my schedule and they could look themselves.  :)  (Just a thought)!

The other thing it would help me do is have a more flexiable way of scheduling events and task for the family.


"COWGIRL UP"

0 comments: